Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
There's a new competition on MyThornbury this month: you could win entry and drinks for four people, plus you could win a month's gym membership with personal training and massage.
See more events.
Would you like to join the Alveston Jubilee Hall committee as Booking Secretary? They're looking for someone with good organisational and office skills. Click below to find out how to apply...
Thornbury Chiropractic Clinic have a room to rent in their beautiful Georgian House, with bay window, wardrobe, chest of drawers and sink. Shared kitchen, bathroom and WC. £370 per month includes all bills except TV licence. Click below for contact details.
The family of 3 year old Ezzy Hodge from Thornbury are trying to raise £80k for life-changing surgery so she can walk unaided. Esme was born 11 weeks early with a brain injury and was diagnosed last summer with Cerebral Palsy. Her family have set up the Ezzy's Wish to Walk Appeal to send her to the USA for surgery, and raise £21k in the first 12 weeks. Click below if you'd like to help.
If you have a craft that may interest Thornbury Craft Club and would offer members ‘hands on’ experience, please contact them.
They are always looking for new demonstrators and different crafts to experience. They offer a keen and willing audience, a modest speaker’s fee, and will cover the cost of materials.
For more information, contact Val on 01454 883597
or Julia 07803253587 or click below.
The closing date for nominations for Thornbury's Youth Awards has now been extended to 31st March 2017.
Mayor Helen Harrison has relaunched the awards, which are open to all young people living within the Thornbury parish.
One of the key aims for this mayoral year is to raise the profile of young people and their place in our community, and these awards are part of that. Click below to read more...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Inquiry into death of 67-year-old woman who fell from fifth floor of Southmead Hospital awaits conclusions
• TRAFFIC: Lane closure on M5 northbound during recovery of broken down lorry
• Parents react to urgent review into “inadequate” 0-25 children’s disability service in South Gloucestershire
• Police in South Gloucestershire thank public for assistance following arrest of wanted man Daniel Hill
• PICTURES: Crowds flock to Thornbury for high-flying wrestling chaos
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• Heterosexual couple lose civil partnership challenge
• Hospital cuts planned in most of England
• Israeli soldier gets 18 months for killing wounded Palestinian attacker
• Government finances record £9.4bn surplus in January
• Facebook investigates fake cancer child post
• more UK & world news