Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Did you have a good time at Thornbury Carnival? Click here to see the photos.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
This month on MyThornbury there's a chance to win a Coffee Morning Kit, thanks to SUEZ recycling and recovery UK.
See more events.
From housekeepers to handymen, and coffee shop assistants to chip shop fryers, click below to check out our latest job vacancies...
If you're travelling by train over the August bank holiday, please check before you travel as Network Rail is installing part of a new signalling system for the Bristol area from 27-29 August.
Lines will be closed in both directions between Bristol Parkway and Swindon, Newport, Bristol Temple Meads, Gloucester and Severn Beach. Trains will be diverted and in some cases replacement bus services will be in operation. More information is available on the website below.
Thornbury artisan spirits company Bramley & Gage are celebrating winning a number of awards at the Guild of Fine Foods Great Taste Awards, just a few weeks after seeing 6 O’clock Gin pick up gold in the 2016 Gin Masters Awards.
Of 10,000 entrants to the annual awards only 35% were awarded and of those only 141 products received 3 Stars so it’s an incredible coup for the local distillers to win three 3 stars.
If you're aged 11-18, with spare time on Saturdays, would love an interesting hobby, plus a great circle of friends, then join Northavon Youth Theatre Company.
They have vacancies for new students, especially boys, to join a great bunch of enthusiastic young people and promise a warm welcome. Click below to find out more...
Ceramic Painting Studio Paintpotts is running a series of events over the summer from buggy sessions through school holiday sessions and Ladies' Nights. Click below for details.
The Leisure Centre's Summer Programme runs 25th July - 31st August for boys and girls from Yr1 - Yr9.
Active Camps are packed full with sporting activities and arts and crafts and the pool offers swimming activities and/or courses. Click below to view the Summer Programme.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• M48 Severn bridge closed tomorrow for half marathon
• Residents' fears over Thornbury pub late opening hours put to rest at open evening
• Firefighters believe Thornbury motorcycle fire to be deliberately started
• South Gloucestershire man jailed for secretly recording primary school children in disabled toilet
• Firefighters tackle workshop blaze in Emersons Green
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• M20 motorway shut after lorry crash causes bridge collapse
• Italy earthquake: Mass funeral for 35 victims
• Juno probe makes close pass of Jupiter
• Donald Trump doctor admits writing health note in five minutes
• Canadians switched at birth in second case at hospital
• more UK & world news