Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
This month on MyThornbury there's a chance to win a £30 gift voucher for Dee's Cake Courses at Finishing Touches.
See more events.
Eyewear from premium Parisian fashion label, Balmain, is the latest designer collection to be unveiled at Specsavers Thornbury. The Balmain range features 17 exclusive styles, inspired by Balmain’s structured and expertly crafted clothing. Click below to read more...
To make listening easier, Gloss FM now have an app that will work on smartphones and tablets. Just search for gloss fm, or click the link below. Apple ios coming soon.
Do you own an iPad but don't know how to use it? Unable to get to an in-store training course? Age UK's volunteers can show you the basic skills needed to use your iPad in your own home.
The support is provided for free to people living in Thornbury and surrounding villages. For more information please call: 01454 411707 and select option 2 or click below.
2018 marks the Centenary of the end of World War 1, and so this year's Thornbury Carnival theme: '1918-2018 Then and Now' celebrates the end of the conflict.
Click below to pick up ideas and inspiration on how to interpret the theme, however you plan to take part in the Carnival.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Firefighters called to beauty salon after reports of burning smell
• Volunteers wanted to start up new neighbourhood watch groups in Thornbury and surrounding villages
• GAZETTE COMMENT: Health centre redevelopment a promising prospect or political publicity stunt?
• Spit guards for police in South Gloucestershire
• Great Western Air Ambulance Charity release range of stocking fillers
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• Gaia family ‘devastated’ after body find
• Gerry Adams to stand down as Sinn Féin leader next year
• Zimbabwe: Mugabe to meet with army chief on his future
• Budget 2017: Green light for driverless car testing
• New portrait marks Queen and Prince Philip's 70th anniversary
• more UK & world news