Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
See more events.
Could you help Thornbury Christmas Lights Association put up lights around town?
Volunteers are needed for the lights erection gang - the committee neeed spare bodies to keep the momentum up as they are now covering over one hundred premises. To find out more, call Brian Roberts on 01454 822626 or click below.
After 7 successful Carnivals bringing fun, spectacle and entertainment to the town, Thornbury Carnival has reached crisis point.
Unless new volunteers come forward, there will not be a Carnival in 2017.
If you can help, please click below to read more...
If you're planning a train trip to London this Christmas, click below for details of disruption due to planned works.
London Paddington will be closed to all rail services from Saturday 24 December to Thursday 29 December, and we're being advised to change at Reading and use services from there to London Waterloo - a longer journey.
Thornbury in Bloom have brought home an impressive array of awards, including a Gold Medal and a Sponsors Trophy for The Best Entry overall in the South West. The team say thanks go to everyone involved and we should all be very proud of our town and the amazing community spirit that has made these achievements possible. Click below to read more...
This October, Thornbury chef Romy Gill is travelling to London... to receive her MBE! Romy, of Romy's Kitchen, says she's grateful and humbled by this award, received for services to the hospitality industry. Click below to read more...
Smokefree South Gloucestershire is encouraging smokers to give up throughout 'Stoptober' and use the opportunity as a springboard to quit for good.
Last year more than 880 people took part locally, and this year roadshows have been directing people to the support that is available to help them kick the habit, including a free personal quit plan, motivational tips and advice on treatments to help beat cravings.
If you’re looking to take part in Stoptober, text your name and “READY” to 80011, call 01454 865502 or email below to make an appointment at one of the free support sessions.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Planned roadworks in and around Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire for this week
• GAZETTE THROUGH THE YEARS: Making a splash at Dursley’s Swimming Pool
• GAZETTE THROUGH THE YEARS: Brain bug fight hero
• Thornbury restaurant presented with prestigious national award for eighth consecutive year
• GAZETTE COMMENT: Taking precautions
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• Calais migrants: France begins to clear 'Jungle' camp
• CO2 levels mark 'new era' in the world's changing climate
• 'Gay cake' appeal: Christian bakers Ashers lose appeal
• Doctors name treatments that bring little or no benefit
• May holding Brexit talks with devolved nations
• more UK & world news