Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
This month on MyThornbury there's a chance to win a family trip to Thornbury Carnival, plus themed cupcakes.
See more events.
South Gloucestershire Council has recently launched Warm Up South Gloucestershire, an initiative designed to make your rental property warmer and help landlords stay ahead of new regulations coming into force.
We can help landlords access up to £3,000 of grant funding for energy efficiency improvements such as heating upgrades, with additional funding for new gas connections. If you want to find out more call 0800 980 0902 or click below.
An elderly lady has lost her hearing aid while shopping in Thornbury and is hoping it may have been found. If you can help, please get in touch.
Record Breakers, Summer Reading Challenge 2015 begins in all South Gloucestershire Libraries on 11 July and runs until 12 September. It’s free to join in the fun.
Libraries are also holding free activities throughout the holiday to help children complete the challenge including the chance to be part of an attempt to set a Guinness World Record title.
Tickets are now on sale for Thornbury's second Science Festival, taking place from Thursday July 9th to Saturday, July 18th. Click below to view the events on offer and find out how to reserve your place...
The St Mary Centre is once again supporting the Thornbury Volunteer Centre with their annual Volunteers Fair, which will be held on the 2nd of July between 9am & 1pm in Horseshoe Lane in the St Mary Centre.
This will be a great opportunity to come along and meet the representatives of various local, and national charitable organisations to find out what they do. There's also a colouring competition for children. Click below to read more...
Gill Leaper compares Palm Sunday in Thornbury and Malawi, where her daughter Alice, a former pupil of St Mary's CEVA School and Castle School, runs the community project Butterfly Space...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• In The Classroom: Special visitors at New Siblands School in Thornbury
• More than 100 professionals take part in 'TRYathlon' in Tockington - raising funds for charity
• Inconsistencies over Almondsbury helicopter base plans anger residents
• Retirement living company invites people in Thornbury to its 21st birthday party
• Railway lines between Bristol and Cheltenham blocked after person is hit by train
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• National minute's silence for Tunisia
• Greek no vote 'would mean euro exit'
• 'Coasting schools' face tough targets
• New ferry strike closes French port
• Car bomb attack in Yemen capital
• more UK & world news