Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
There's a new competition on MyThornbury this month: you could win a family day pass to Berkeley Castle.
See more events.
Happy retirement to florist Jean Owen, who has handed over the running of T&J Owen on The Plain in Thornbury to Sarah Gibson. Sarah has worked in the shop for ten years, and Jean will still be working there, so very little will change!
South Gloucestershire Council has recently launched Warm Up South Gloucestershire, an initiative designed to make your rental property warmer and help landlords stay ahead of new regulations coming into force.
We can help landlords access up to £3,000 of grant funding for energy efficiency improvements such as heating upgrades, with additional funding for new gas connections. If you want to find out more call 0800 980 0902 or click below.
An elderly lady has lost her hearing aid while shopping in Thornbury and is hoping it may have been found. If you can help, please get in touch.
Record Breakers, Summer Reading Challenge 2015 begins in all South Gloucestershire Libraries on 11 July and runs until 12 September. It’s free to join in the fun.
Libraries are also holding free activities throughout the holiday to help children complete the challenge including the chance to be part of an attempt to set a Guinness World Record title.
Tickets are now on sale for Thornbury's second Science Festival, taking place from Thursday July 9th to Saturday, July 18th. Click below to view the events on offer and find out how to reserve your place...
The St Mary Centre is once again supporting the Thornbury Volunteer Centre with their annual Volunteers Fair, which will be held on the 2nd of July between 9am & 1pm in Horseshoe Lane in the St Mary Centre.
This will be a great opportunity to come along and meet the representatives of various local, and national charitable organisations to find out what they do. There's also a colouring competition for children. Click below to read more...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Two new buses arrive at Thornbury School thanks to sponsorship from local organisations
• Today's weather: Scorching temperatures arrive
• Thousands raised for Cancer Research UK at three-hour Zumbathon in Thornbury
• South Gloucestershire health commissioner gives advice ahead of predicted heatwave
• Pilning man and Oldbury-on-Severn woman among 21 charged with drink or drug driving offence last week
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• Greece misses IMF payment deadline
• Commission 'to back Heathrow runway'
• Tunisia killer 'trained in Libya'
• Law firms refuse legal aid work
• US and Cuba 'to announce embassies'
• more UK & world news