Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
See more events.
Wendy and Graham Pownall have taken ownership of Butties Sandwich Bar on Oakleaze Road. They are really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know your favourites. Click below to check out their opening offers.
Thornbury Christmas Lights Association are pleased to announce that the charity beneficiary of the Christmas Lights switch-on event for 2017 will be the Great Western Air Ambulance charity.
This year the switch on event will take place on Tuesday 21st November with the celebrity switching on the display outside of Nat West bank.
With autumn upon us and winter around the corner you may be dreading the return of long, dark evenings and cold, miserable days. If you are looking for something to occupy your time and keep you in touch we may be able to help. Thornbury Volunteer Centre helps people find something worthwhile to do in their local community whilst having fun and making friends.
The media has been full of the Royal Navy's newest addition to the fleet, HMS Queen Elizabeth. However, more locally TS Battleaxe (Thornbury Sea Cadets) has recently taken delivery of a new addition to their fleet, TS Hydro. Admittedly, at 5.5 metres their new Trinity 500 rowing boat is not as large as the new aircraft carrier. Click below to read more...
Thornbury's much loved Christmas Food and Gift Fair makes a welcome return on Saturday 9th December. There will be one or two changes to the setup, primarily parking for stallholders, because there is no access to the usual spot as building is now in progress.
If you would like to book a stall, please email Penny Skinner below.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Police name 46-year-old father-of-two killed in lorry crash on M5 between Almondsbury and Thornbury
• Increase in attacks on ambulance crews with 161 reported last year
• Avon and Somerset police facing 'financial tipping point' due to cuts
• Level of complaints recorded by Avon and Somerset Police largest decrease of any force in England and Wales last year
• Medical projects at Southmead Hospital awarded £48,000 from charitable donations
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• Mexico: Strong earthquake topples buildings, killing scores
• Trump: US would destroy North Korea if forced to defend itself
• Parsons Green bombing: Third arrest over Tube attack
• British kayaker Emma Kelty 'murdered' on Amazon trip
• Women who miscarry in first round of IVF 'more likely' to have baby in future
• more UK & world news