Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
This month on MyThornbury there's a chance to win a Spring Cleaning Hamper.
See more events.
With preparations well underway for the sixth Thornbury Carnival, click below to read the first Carnival Newsletter of 2015, and find out what's on offer this year...
Smokers in South Glos are being encouraged to be 'proud to be a quitter this year and stop smoking on No Smoking Day next month.
Nearly one in six of South Gloucestershire adults smoke but UK figures show two thirds want to quit.
Smokefree South Gloucestershire has FREE stop smoking sessions across the county to help smokers ditch the cigarettes for good. Click below to read more...
Plans for a new nursing home in Thornbury, dog control on the Mundy playing fields, and the town's hopes for renewing Fair Trade status. Click below to read the latest news from Thornbury Town Council.
Trading Standards are warning us to beware companies who claim they can move you to a lower Council Tax band or get you a refund. It is not illegal to charge a fee for making an application on your behalf to check your Council Tax banding is correct – but you can do this yourself for free by calling 03000 501501 or visiting the website below.
For further advice on telephone scams, please contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 04 05 06.
The Rotary Club of Thornbury is looking for a young achiever to join other 16 to 18 year olds on an all expenses paid six day long Leadership Course to be held in the Forest of Dean this summer.
Now in its 12th year the RYLA Course has proved to be a valuable and rewarding experience for all who have participated. Click below to find out more...
Thornbury & District Museum have just relaunched their website, and are delighted with it. The new website has been redeveloped with funding from Arts Council England as part of a Digital Engagement project. Click below to browse...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Children's author spends afternoon with Year 7 students in Thornbury
• Over 1,000 homes in Almondsbury affected by power cut last night after cables are damaged
• Police and fire crews called to Thornbury recycling centre over 'hazardous material' fears
• iPad training sessions set up in Thornbury
• Residents "shocked and dismayed" after plans submitted to build 10 flats in Alveston
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• Russian politician Nemtsov shot dead
• Star Trek legend Nimoy dies at 83
• Extremists 'not radicalised by MI5'
• Gary Glitter jailed for 16 years
• Labour pledges £6,000 tuition fees
• more UK & world news