Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
This month on MyThornbury there's a chance to win a free half hour treatment of your choice.
See more events.
The Rotary Club of Thornbury are once again holding their annual Swimarathon weekend at the Thornbury Leisure Centre on the evenings of 4th, 5th and 6th March 2016 and are hoping to better the success of previous years.
In order to achieve this we need your help! Please enter a team! Click below for details...
Maison Interiors is operating extended opening hours in the run-up to Christmas: you can shop for furniture, gifts and home accessories from Monday to Saturday 10.30am to 5pm, as well as late opening until 9pm on Thornbury Late Night Shopping evening December 3rd.
Joelle hairdressing has so far raised nearly £5000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust, and would like to say a big thank you to all who have donated through their charity blow dry day and Name the Bear competition. Click below to find out more...
Acton Court is said to be the most authentic Tudor building in England. The remaining East wing was built especially for a visit by Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn in 1535.
Access is with a professional guide only, and groups can book now for summer 2016 tours of the house and grounds. Click below to find out more...
Flu vaccinations are available for free across South Gloucestershire to all vulnerable groups including people aged 65 or over, pregnant women, those with long-term conditions and children aged two, three and four years old. People living in long-stay residential homes and children of school years 1 and 2 are also eligible for the vaccination.
As well as being available from your local GP, this year free flu jabs for vulnerable groups are also available from community pharmacies through the NHS.
For more information click below...
Mary Warner has been collecting plastic milk tops for years for various charities. Her latest recipient has stopped having them and so is there anyone out there who would like her to carry on collecting for them? Click below to email Mary...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Thornbury Italian restaurant wins sixth successive national award for excellence
• Fire service called to M5 collision
• Southmead Hospital inspection shows improvement to emergency department patient waiting times
• New police firearms training centre for Avon & Somerset, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire forces opened by Home Secretary
• Weather November 27: Varying rain throughout the day with high winds and colder temperatures
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• Paris climate deal 'more likely'
• Fallon warns of Paris-style attack risk
• Fury stuns Klitschko for world title
• Gun suspect said 'no more baby parts'
• Council tax 'to cost £200 more by 2020'
• more UK & world news