Welcome to MyThornbury - your online guide to events, organisations and businesses in and around town.
Did you have a good time at Thornbury Carnival? Click here to see the photos.
Get in touch to publicise your events or businesses...
See more events.
The Swan at Thornbury are putting together a team to do the Memory Walk for Alzheimer's Society on 9th October. If you'd like to join them please log on under Team Swan and register you will be asked for a code which is MW14384. The walk will take place in Bristol and there will be having a mini bus from The Swan. If you do register and want to go on the mini bus please let landlady Sandra know and she will ensure you have a seat.
Did you have fun at this year's Thornbury Carnival? Planning has begun for 2017's event, and the current committee are looking for for more volunteers to join them. If you could contribute in any way, please click below to contact the team.
Local developer Newland Homes celebrates its 25th anniversary with a record sales month in August, and is looking to continue this with the recently launched Whitebridge Gardens and Castle Court developments in Thornbury.
The 23 high quality homes at Whitebridge Gardens, and eight prestigious town centre four-bedroom homes have already proved popular with Thornbury’s homebuyers.
For more information on Newland Homes’ Thornbury developments visit our website below.
Helen Edwards at In Good Hands has just launched a mobile service, so you can enjoy treatments in the comfort of your own home. Helen offers massages and holistic treatments for sports enthusiasts, computer users, manual workers - in fact just about anybody with muscular aches and pains.
South Gloucestershire's Discover Festival is back for another year, offering a host of opportunities to discover and enjoy something new on your doorstep.
So whether you want to learn something new, find a hobby, meet new friends, get out and about in nature, catch a performance or explore one of our historic buildings, there’s something on offer for you.
Over 180 events are free, for others there is a small fee. Some events require booking and are selling out fast – see the events calendar or the website below for full details and links to book.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• South Gloucestershire facing more than 9,000 additional new homes by 2036
• Plans for 180-home development in Thornbury met with fierce opposition from residents and councillors
• Tributes paid to 'trailblazer' founding Castle School headmaster Cliff Martin
• PUB OF THE YEAR: The Buthay Inn in Wickwar hopes to take title by delivering 'quality through passion'
• Today's weather - a wet start becoming brighter later on
• more local news
Latest items from BBC News:
• Ben Emmerson QC resigns as child abuse inquiry lawyer
• US election 2016: Trump accused of Cuba embargo breach
• Wealth of people in their 30s has 'halved in a decade'
• Shimon Peres funeral: Arrests ahead of Israeli funeral
• Eric Black: Southampton assistant named in corruption claims
• more UK & world news