7.30pm: Thornbury WI: AGM
Thornbury Methodist Church
AGM in the Methodist Church Hall
There will also be food and entertainment.
For information about current services and regular activities, as well as contact details, please visit www.thornburymethodist.org.uk.
Thombury has had a Methodist presence since 1789 when John Wesley preached in the "neat and commodious preaching house". The original building was vacated in 1878 when the congregation transferred to the present neo-Gothic building in the High Street.
Thornbury Methodist Church is at the northern and rural extremity of the Bristol and South Gloucestershire Circuit. The Church premises consist of a two storey annexe which provides upper and lower halls, kitchens, toilets, vestry and a quiet room.
The Church has developed a lay leadership and convenors who deal with most of the administrative aspects of church life - covering areas of Service, Worship, Evangelism and Learning & Caring. The convenors are supported by the Church Stewards.
Members are involved in a range of community activities, play a significant role in Circuit and District functions and there is an active group of Local Preachers.
The Church plays its part as a partner in "Thornbury Churches Together" and shares a ministry to the local hospital.
The halls are rented to community groups (contact or telephone Pam Cockwell 01454 413116). See www.thornburymethodist.org.uk for details of regular groups and activities.