Thornbury Baptist Church
Thornbury Churches Together is concerned about the need for parenting courses in Thornbury and they invite anyone who would like to be involved with running a parenting course to a training session at Thornbury Baptist Church Centre from 10am until 4pm.
Lester Yeo will provide training. He has lots of experience in running parenting courses and in training facilitators. The course will be free, but please bring a packed lunch. For more info or to book a place, please contact Sally Heath on 419574 or by email below, or speak to one of your TCT reps.
The aim is to train enough parenting course facilitators to offer a variety of courses, so that parents with children at every stage of growing up will be able to access help and support.
Thornbury Churches Together
If you would like to know more about Thornbury Churches Together please contact Kingsley Fullbrook (Chair) on 01454 412772 or by email: or Carole Howat (Secretary) on 01454 414105 or by email: .
About Thornbury Churches Together
Thornbury Churches Together is a group of churches covenanted together since 1989, and linked to Churches Together in Gloucestershire.
It is formed from representatives of the following churches (click on their names to visit their websites):
- Church of England (St Mary's and St Paul's, the Hackett)
- Roman Catholic (Christ the King)
- Thornbury Baptist Church
- Thornbury Methodist Church
- Thornbury United Reformed Church
- Society of Friends (Quakers)
- ngm, a music and mission community for young people
Thornbury Churches Together aims to draw the churches together in greater understanding and fellowship, to enable them to bear a harmonious witness to the community, and to give expression to their common faith and devotion.
It continues a previous "Association of Christian Churches in Thornbury", and has been pleased to welcome "ngm" as a closely associated group since their establishment in Thornbury.
We believe it is unusual, though probably not unique, that as many as seven denominations have been happy to covenant and continue to work together in one community.
Good Friday Procession of Witness
Thornbury Churches Together works to enrich the lives of the whole community in the following ways:
- Lent housegroups
- Good Friday Procession of Witness
- Supplying books to Year 6 local school leavers annually, and occasionally supplying other books, sometimes including Bibles
- Leading assemblies in local schools
- TCT Saturday Card and Fair Trade stall at the United Reformed Church
- Christmas Carol Singing
- Rota of Sunday evening services at Thornbury Hospital
- Weekly "Open the book" sessions in primary schools
- Thornbury Together Summer programme of activities
- Dialogues exploring common issues
Faith Action Audit
In February 2010, Thornbury Churches Together (TCT) commissioned the production of a Faith Action Audit for
Thornbury. The purpose of this work was to establish the work undertaken by the Christian community for the
benefit of the wider community, to celebrate successes and to identify ways of working better together both within
and outside of the churches. Click here to read the document.