Thornbury Baptist Church
As in previous years there will be a week of activities for children, young people and families organised by Thornbury Baptist Church, but with hopefully lots of help from members of the other churches.
Groups for children will run Tuesday-Friday mornings 30th July - 2nd August in the Baptist Church Centre and on Streamleaze Green, with activities for young people in the evenings of Tuesday-Thursday, and a family fun evening on Friday. If you would like to be involved or would like more details please contact Sally by email below or on 419118.
Thornbury Churches Together
If you would like to know more about Thornbury Churches Together please contact Sally Heath (Chair, TCT) on 01454 419574 or by email:
About Thornbury Churches Together
Thornbury Churches Together is a group of churches covenanted together since 1989, and linked to Churches Together in Gloucestershire.
It is formed from representatives of the following churches (click on their names to visit their websites):
- Church of England (St Mary's and St Paul's, the Hackett)
- Roman Catholic (Christ the King)
- Thornbury Baptist Church
- Thornbury Methodist Church
- Thornbury United Reformed Church
- Society of Friends (Quakers)
- Living Room
- ngm, a music and mission community for young people
Thornbury Churches Together aims to draw the churches together in greater understanding and fellowship, to enable them to bear a harmonious witness to the community, and to give expression to their common faith and devotion.
It continues a previous "Association of Christian Churches in Thornbury", and has been pleased to welcome "ngm" as a closely associated group since their establishment in Thornbury.
We believe it is unusual, though probably not unique, that as many as seven denominations have been happy to covenant and continue to work together in one community.
Good Friday Procession of Witness
Thornbury Churches Together works to enrich the lives of the whole community in the following ways:
- Lent housegroups
- Good Friday Procession of Witness
- Supplying books to Year 6 local school leavers annually, and occasionally supplying other books, sometimes including Bibles
- Leading assemblies in local schools
- TCT Saturday Card and Fair Trade stall at the United Reformed Church
- Christmas Carol Singing
- Rota of Sunday evening services at Thornbury Hospital
- Weekly "Open the book" sessions in primary schools
- Thornbury Together Summer programme of activities
- Dialogues exploring common issues
Faith Action Audit
In February 2010, Thornbury Churches Together (TCT) commissioned the production of a Faith Action Audit for
Thornbury. The purpose of this work was to establish the work undertaken by the Christian community for the
benefit of the wider community, to celebrate successes and to identify ways of working better together both within
and outside of the churches. Click here to read the document.