Following on from the Thornbury Survey, a task force from Thornbury Chamber of Commerce has joined Thornbury Town Council's Healthcheck group to collaborate on producing a strategy for Thornbury, with support from South Gloucestershire Council.
The content of this strategy will also feed into South Gloucestershire Council's Core Strategy consultation.
Several projects have already resulted from the feedback, with highly successful Food and Craft Fairs, a Christmas leaflet to raise Thornbury's profile in the surrounding area, and a Carnival planned for Summer 2009. Here's a summary of the survey's recurrent themes:
What we love about Thornbury:
- Its attractive appearance
- Community groups and activities
- Thornbury in Bloom
- The safe, friendly feel
- The individual shops
What we'd like to see more of:
- Fairs, pageants, shows - celebrations!
- A greater variety of small specialist shops
- A "quality" supermaket
- A re-think on parking/pedestrianisation/traffic flow in the High Street and surrounding areas
- Making more of the great things we have to offer
If you'd like to read the full results of the survey click here.