Parentalk - The Teenage Years: Understanding your teenager
Thornbury Baptist Church
Parentalk - The Teenage Years FREE course is running again for 9 x sessions. This time it is fortnightly on a Wednesday evening 7.30-9.30pm at the Thornbury Baptist Church Lower Room.
We run Wed 24th January to the end of May. We have 22 names already and some parents wanting to do it all again! So do email us a.s.a.p. if you would like a place.
1. Wed 24th Jan - Understanding your teenager
2. Wed 7th Feb - Staying connected
3. Wed 21st Feb - Supporting teenagers with issues around safe sex, healthy relationships and consent Helen Webb - The Willow Tree Trust
4. Wed 7th March - Identity
5. Wed 21st March - Communication & Conflict
6. Wed 11th April - Big Pressures and Wise Choices
7. Wed 25th April - Sam Drew - Drugs and Alcohol Team South Gloucs
8. Wed 9th May - Managing Internet and Social Media in the home with teenagers : Malcolm Gaywood
9. Wed 23rd May - Letting go - Preparing for the Empty Nest and preparing Teenagers for the wider world
Come along to whichever ones you can. We also have a social evening at the Pub for parents on the course to get to know each other.
Comments from the last course:
- The Course was encouraging and re affirming. Good to hear common experience
- Useful, practical, honest
- I'd recommend the course because we now realise others struggle too
- The sessions are helpful in a friendly, supportive way and help you think about how you might deal with situations away from the heat and pressure of those situations
- Because there are good advice and tips I'd do it again
- It is helpful to know it is not just you having issues
- I find the sessions really helpful. You can look at things differently with other people's experiences.
- Very informative
- Great to be able to support each other through teenage years and because the leaders are great.