Parent talk - The Teenage Years FREE course 1
Thornbury Baptist Church
Parent talk - The Teenage Years FREE course is running again for 9 x sessions. This time it is fortnightly on a Wednesday evening 7.30 - 9.30pm at the Thornbury Baptist Church Lower Room.
We will start again on Wed 24th January, running to the end of May. We have 22 names already and some parents wanting to do it all again! So do email us a.s.a.p. if you would like a place.
Topics include: Understanding Teenagers, Drugs & Alcohol, Managing Social media in the home, Communication & Conflict, dealing with sexual issues, consent and healthy relationships and Letting Go.
Come along to whichever ones you can. We also have a social evening at the Pub for parents on the course to get to know each other.
Comments from the last course:
- The Course was encouraging and re affirming. Good to hear common experience
- Useful, practical, honest
- I'd recommend the course because we now realise others struggle too
- The sessions are helpful in a friendly, supportive way and help you think about how you might deal with situations away from the heat and pressure of those situations
- Because there are good advice and tips I'd do it again
- It is helpful to know it is not just you having issues
- I find the sessions really helpful. You can look at things differently with other people's experiences.
- Very informative
- Great to be able to support each other through teenage years and because the leaders are great.