Did you enjoy Thornbury's first Wedding Festival called ‘Beaux and Belles’ on September 16th 2017?
You'll be pleased to hear the event was such a success, it's hoped it will return again next year...
The event celebrates the enormous wealth of provision the town offers for weddings and similar celebrations.
There were stalls in St Mary Centre where you could meet new service providers, and local retailers showcased their products and services for you to sample and discuss.
It was a wedding festival with a difference with activities for children and a competition for the best wedding hat worn on the day - open to men and women.
Fifteen local businesses took part in a Beaux and Belles Trail:
Visitors were able to download a map or collect one from the Festival Information Stand, follow the trail and have their map stamped at each venue to be included in the raffle, with generous gifts donated by the businesses involved.
- Hot Rod Wedding Cars, a new business in Buckover, had two cars (pictured above) on display
- Richard from Surroundings exhibited their beautiful red vintage wedding car - pictured above
- Fiona Mitchell who is a Calligrapher from Alveston was in the Surroundings shop writing greeting cards/invites for customers
- Gems set up a display of wedding rings on the day
- Ronnie's had an area set out as a showcase for a celebration meal
- T & J Owen had a wedding cut flowers on display
The winner of the fabulous selection of raffle prizes was Jem Cann from Alveston:
The wedding hat competition winner was Sandra from Celebration Fayres, who won Thornbury gift vouchers for £30.
This event is organised by St Mary Centre, Finishing Touches, Heritage, Surroundings, Gems, Dee’s Cakes and Thornbury Chamber of Commerce.
For enquiries please email .